Frequently Asked Questions
At the Palais Royale, our professional and knowledgeable staff will help you create an event that is everything you dream it will be. For specific details pertaining to your unique event and to schedule a tour of the Morris Center and Palais Royale ballroom, we encourage you to contact our Director of Catering & Ballroom Events at 574-235-5612.
In the meantime we have listed some of our most frequently asked questions:
- Do you require Food & Beverage minimums?
- Yes, please call 574-235-5612 for further details.
- How far in advance should I book my event?
- We suggest that you book about a year in advance for Saturday evenings April - November.
- What time slots do you have available for an event?
- Saturday daytime: 10am-2pm and evenings: 5pm-10pm or 6pm-11pm.
- How many people can the ballroom accommodate?
- The maximum capacity in the ballroom is 500 people for a seated dinner or 850 for a cocktail reception.
- If my party of 65 or less, what space do you have available?
- We offer the Morris Performing Arts Bistro Restaurant.
- Can I rent the Morris Bistro?
- Yes, the Bistro is available for smaller groups. Please call 574-235-5612 for pricing.
- Is there a discount for events booked on a Friday or Saturday?
- No. The benefit is that the guest picks their time slot and there is a lesser cost for your Food & Beverage Minimum.
- Can I put a hold on a specific date?
- No. Due to the high volume of events at the Palais Royale we require a deposit of $500.
- Can I come see the site?
- Of course! It is advisable to make an appointment to be assured a tour.
- Do you offer parking?
- Convenient parking is available in a lot adjacent to the Morris Center operated by DTSB, at the public garage on the corner of Main and Colfax, and at the Doubletree by Hilton/1st Source Bank Complex. Parking is also available on the streets within walking distance of the Morris and also at the Leighton Center on Washington Street between Main and Michigan Streets.
- Do you have noise restrictions?
- Yes. We currently use a decibel monitor to gauge the maximum noise level.
- How late can we use the space?
- The space can be used until 1am unless otherwise discussed with your Event Director.
- I am having my ceremony at your facility. Do you have space available for me to get ready?
- We have a Bride's Room/ Multi-Purpose Room available to prepare for your event.
- Do I automatically get the Bride's Room/Multi-Purpose Room? Is there a separate fee?
- If you have your Ceremony and/or Reception with us the Bride's Room/Multi-Purpose room is included in your rental fee.
- Are there hotel accommodations close to the Palais Royale?
- The DoubleTree by Hilton is across the street from the Morris Center and Palais Royale. You can also find additional listings for accommodations on our "Preferred Vendors" page as well as the "Hotels" page on this website.
- Can I have my rehearsal dinner here?
- You sure can! Please contact the Director of Catering & Ballroom Events at 574-235-5612 for information about available spaces and catering options.
- Does the Palais Royale provide flowers, DJ, etc.?
- The Palais Royale is only a rental space; however, we can offer many great suggestions for professional and experience vendors. Please see our "Preferred Vendors" page on this website.
- How many hours do we have use of the facility?
- The facility may be used up to 5 hours for your event; however, you can purchase extra time if needed.
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes we accept credit cards, cashier's checks or money orders, and personal checks. PLEASE NOTE: Personal Checks are NOT permitted for the Food & Beverage.
- Do we have to host the bar?
- No. We offer many options to choose from.
- Can I have my wedding ceremony in the Morris Theater?
- You can contract an addendum to your lease to rent the Morris Theater for a ceremony and pre-reception cocktail hour pending availability.
- How might the ballroom be decorated for my event?
- Share your vision with us and we'll lend you our expertise. Together, we'll set the stage for an event that will be enjoyed, talked about and, perhaps, treasured for years to come.
- Can the Palais accommodate children?
- The Palais has a smaller room available, within easy reach of the ballroom, which is easily made into a "Kids Room." Clients must provide their own supervision. We'll be happy to help you decide what measures might be appropriate for your event.
- Can we use the stage?
- A handsomely constructed stage backed by a velvet drape is a permanent fixture in the Ballroom. The stage measures a generous 31 feet across and 13 feet deep and can accommodate your D.J., a dance band with up to 13 pieces, or, with the Palais' own stage extensions, a full orchestra. It is ideal for business presentations, speaker panels, fashion shows, recitals and theatrical performances.
- Do you offer lighting or AV equipment?
- We make our public address system and our sound and lighting equipment available to our clients at no additional charge.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us!